Microsoft word - dafwa monepantel recommendations -wa.doc
SHEEP DRENCHING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WESTERN AUSTRALIA USE OF ZOLVIX (MONEPANTEL)
SHEEP WORM DRENCHING PROGRAMS
Drench resistance by sheep worms is a major problem in WA, and the long-used summer drenching program has been strongly linked to the development of resistance. The main recommendation to minimise resistance development is to follow the “summer-autumn drenching” program: drenches in summer for weaners and hoggets, an autumn drench for older sheep classes. Research shows this is effective but does not reduce sheep production, and reduces the development of resistance. (See DAFWA FarmNote 348, Summer-Autumn Drenching) Which drenches are effective ?
On most farms in WA, the only fully-effective options (apart from Zolvix) are abamectin (not ivermectin) on most farms; moxidectin on the majority of farms; and the “triple combinations” (white, clear and ML) on almost all farms. A drench resistance test is recommended to confirm effectiveness. Where does Zolvix fit ?
Zolvix should now be included with other types in the annual drenching program, as this will reduce the development of resistance to all remaining effective products. Zolvix should therefore be used at times of the year when fully-effective worm control is needed, but when there is relatively low pressure for resistance development. However, the Export Slaughter Interval of 115 days must be considered. RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. QUARANTINE DRENCHES: sheep introduced to the farm should be drenched with Zolvix (ideally with other drench types). The sheep should then be moved to the most wormy pasture on the farm. 2. LAMBS AT WEANING
- lambs not for slaughter in next 115 days: Zolvix - lambs possibly for slaughter within 115 days: triple combination; abamectin; or
3. SUMMER DRENCHES (weaners and hoggets) - Zolvix if not used at weaning : Zolvix (if not for slaughter within 115 days) - Zolvix used at weaning: triple combination or moxidectin
4. EWES - Lambing before mid-June (no pre-lamb drench needed);
- Rotate between years: Zolvix (Yr 1); triple combination or moxidectin (Yr 2) - Lambing after mid-June (pre-lamb drench often needed);
- April: triple combination or moxidectin
5. Winter and spring treatments
In addition to fully effective types (including Zolvix), less effective drenches can be used where sheep are likely to pick up worms soon after drenching. These can include a known effective BZ/levamisole combination, or an organophosphate-containing combination. Zolvix is preferred if not used previously in this sheep class earlier in the year. 6 .BARBERS POLE WORM Control of Barbers Pole Worm (Haemonchus contortus) is in addition to the above recommendations. The long-acting, narrow-spectrum drench type closantal. - Brown Besier and Rob Woodgate,, September 2010
PRIMAVERA CONTINUITY SERVICE AGREEMENT Em vigor a partir de 1 de janeiro de 2012 – Versão para o mercado português Entre a PRIMAVERA - BUSINESS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, SA, adiante designada por PRIMAVERA , a entidade que utiliza os produtos PRIMAVERA, adiante designada por CLIENTE FINAL, com a participação ativa da empresa representante da marca PRIMAVERA, adiante designada por